You know what they say about measuring twice! When measuring for your new kitchen Stone Benchtop, definitely start with a tape measure. You’ll also need a pen, some paper with a “to-scale” drawing and a calculator. The more careful and accurate your measurements are during the estimation process, the fewer surprises there will be when you get to finalizing your Stone Benchtop.
Remember that these instructions are just for preliminary estimation purposes. There’s still more measuring work to do for the actual cutting and installation (this part is the responsibility of the Stone fabricator), as you’ll see below.
How to Measure for Your New Kitchen Stone Benchtop
First, assemble your “tools” for taking the measurements:
- Tape measure
Then follow these steps to take accurate measurements of the Benchtop space:
- Draw a to-scale diagram of your Benchtop space on the paper (preferably graphing paper). In the drawing, don’t forget to include the splashback areas as well. If graph paper is not handy, you can use any plain paper.
- On your drawing, make sure to include the spaces for your sink, cooktop, bar sink etc. Some home owners think that sink or cooktop areas need to be excluded from the measurement. But it is not true measurement because the sink or cook top cutouts are done in the entire Benchtop.
- Use your tape measure to measure the Benchtop length from wall to wall (in millimetres), not just from one edge of your current Benchtop to the other.
- Write down the length in the appropriate space on your scale drawing or piece paper whichever case may be.
- Measure this twice, just to make sure it’s accurate!
- Measure the depth of the Benchtops from the wall, but keep in mind, the standard Benchtop depth is usually 600 to 650mm for a Stone Benchtop.
- Don’t forget to measure the Splashback height.
Professional Digital Measuring for the Final Stone Benchtop Cut
After taking all of your measurements down and doing the preliminary calculations, go to https://www.stone-tech.com.au/online-quote/ and fill in all necessary Information to enable our Estimating Team to work on your Quotation.
If you require any further details, then contact us and we will be glad to assist you.
Quotations will take 24 to 48 hours to be done and emailed back to you.
Site assessment and Accurate Measurement are Stone-Tech Responsibility after placing your Order.
Then the only surprise you’ll get is how amazing your new kitchen Stone Benchtop look!