Granite has an appearance both unique and beautiful, and there are a lot of people becoming interested in installing granite benchtops in their homes or places of business.
There are great advantages of having a stone bench top in the home and there are various considerations, besides stone, which can be utlisied for your bench top.
Five Reasons to Get a Stone Bench Top
- These bench tops can be used for a variety of purposes. They can be used as a mini bar, vanity, and a workstation. Stone bench tops also add style to any room of the home.
- Stone bench tops are easy to install. They can cover or replace an existing cabinet top.
- These bench tops are easy to care for and maintain.
- Stone bench tops are visually appealing. They add a touch of elegance to any room. These bench tops are affordable and look much better than laminated stone or acrylic bench tops.
- Many builders are used to working with stone bench tops when they are rebuilding or renovating a kitchen.
These bench tops can be made from natural or engineered stones. Caesarstone Silestone, quantum quartz, as well as risotto stones are materials that are commonly used to make bench tops.
Natural stones including granite, marble, terracotta, and slate can also be used to make bench tops.
Installing A Natural Stone Benchtop
- Granite needs regular maintenance. It is both strong and durable.
- Marble is a great option for countertops. It is soft but it can get starched. Mable is visually appealing to look at.
- Both terracotta and slate need regular maintenance.
Installing An Engineered Stone Benchtop
These stones are made to look like the real thing. They are easy to take care of, less expensive, and non porous. They are made of quartz as well as a resin filler.
What to look for in a bench top:
- The benchtop should improve the beauty of the home. Look for colours and styles that already compliment the home.
- The bench top should fit into your budget. The size, thickness, and materials will affect the price. Be sure to select a bench top that is low maintenance. Certain stones such as marble tend to scratch easily and may have a shorter life than other materials.
- The bench top should fit the needs of the home. They should be cool to touch and should be heat resistant.
- Bench tops will take some time to install. Different stone benchtop installers may give different time estimates.
- Safety is important. Rounded edges are more suitable for homes with children.